Caritas Internationalis operates www.caritas.org. This page informs you of our privacy policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of this site.
Processing your personal data is done on the basis of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We think it is of great importance that personal data are handled with care. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. We adhere to the requirements of the privacy legislation. That means, for example, that we:
- clearly state for what purposes we need your personal data. We do this at the moment we request your personal data and also through this privacy statement;
- restrict the collection of personal data to only the necessary for which they are being processed. When we ask more than necessary, we only do so with your explicit permission. In that case, we explain clearly why we request this additional information;
- first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- do not pass on your details to third parties, unless this is necessary in order to provide the requested service or when we are legally obliged to do so;
- when we share your data, make agreements with third parties to ensure, among other things, that they are not used for other purposes;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this of third parties that process personal data on behalf of us;
- respect your right to provide upon request your personal information for inspection, correction or deletion.
If you wish to contact us in response to this privacy statement, you can do so via firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to this website by means of weblinks.
For general information about the GDPR, we refer you to the European Commission’s website.
Caritas Internationalis reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement. It is advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
We store the data of our visitors behaviour anonymously to determine how our website is used.
When you make a donation through our website we ask for some personal information (name, country, email address) so that we can send you an acknowledgement of receipt, and for statistical purposes.
Your personal data provided when making a donation are used for keeping you informed of Caritas’s work and campaigns. If you would like to unsubscribe from our email updates about our work, please email email@example.com with “remove” in the subject line.
You have the right to have your personal data deleted from our database. If you want us to delete your data please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device and contain a uniquely generated reference which is used to distinguish you from other people each time your visit our website, even if the IP address of the device used by you to visit our website changes. None of the cookies used on our website store data that can directly identify you.
You can read more information about cookies and how they work at allaboutcookies.org and information about how online advertising works at www.youronlinechoices.com (these are third party websites that we do not control).
The cookies used by our website fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are required for the effective and secure use of our website to include enabling you to send messages to us securely, log into secure areas of our website and to make payments securely.
- Analytical cookies: these are used to recognise when you visit our website and how you interact with it so that we can improve the way our website works
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise when you visit our website so that we can personalise our content for you and remember your preferences
We are required to obtain your consent to all cookies except those that are strictly necessary.
You will be asked to confirm your consent when you first visit our website and you can change your cookie settings for our website at any time.
Alternatively, you can clear cookies after you visit our website, use a tracking blocker such as Privacy Badger or, for the analytical cookies stored by Google, install the Google Analytics opt-out extension.
The specific cookies used by our website are as follows:
Third party services
Our website uses services provided by WordPress, Drench Design, BrainTree and PayPal. All are GDPR compliant. You can read more about how your donations are processed on the PayPal website.